[Sca-cooks] Protestants prohibited spices in England?

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Thu Jan 4 10:17:08 PST 2007

On Jan 4, 2007, at 12:48 PM, Mark Hendershott wrote:

> If you happen to have access to "Liberty", a publication of the
> Seventh Day Adventist Church, the last two issues had an article by a
> British history professor about Cromwell's attitudes toward religious
> liberty.  In spite of the church source the mag frequently offers
> interesting articles.  I get it because they do mass mailings to
> lawyers etc.  It may be available on line or in libraries.
>
> Simon Sinneghe
> Briaroak, Summits, An Tir

There's some interesting information here:

http://www.thebookofdays.com/months/oct/8.htm

concerning some of the culinary views of Cromwell's wife, whose name
was Elizabeth, but, I gather, commonly called Joan scroll down to
near the bottom... I believe I have some of her receipt book recipes
somewhere...

Adamantius

eat cake!"
"Confessions", 1782