[Sca-cooks] Friesian Dumkes was: Sorry a little lazy

Nick Sasso grizly at mindspring.com
Thu Jan 4 16:40:57 PST 2007

-----Original Message-----
> > > > Friese Dumkes
(Frisian hazelnut and aniseed cookies/biscuits)
[old recipe but not know to be period]

<<SNIP>>

mom o is Italian but Pat said that momo was taught to make then from her mom
who got the recipe from a neighbor who go it from someone.
I was told that sometime a dollop of orange marmalade, red current jelly or
raspberry jelly would be put in the indentation.
I think "dumkes" means "thumbs" in Freise but not sure.

Your kindness and generosity will be heralded evey time one of us makes
these for a friends and families!  Many thanks.

niccolo difrancesco