[Sca-cooks] Candied Citrus Peel

silverr0se at aol.com silverr0se at aol.com
Fri Jan 5 13:38:50 PST 2007

Urtatim says (with much snippage)

>>-- Seville Oranges<<

>>I didn't get any grapefruit or pomelo... has anyone ever candied either?<<

Wow! Where did you find Seville Oranges? Here in Los Angeles we can only get California oranges, most Navel, along with the occassional blood orange.

I've candied grapfruit peel - it's wonderful but needs at least 3 boilings.

Renata ::whose Mom's blood orange tree, planted 25+ years ago has never grown an inch, put out or lost any leaves and has never flowered... :( ::