[Sca-cooks] sugar cane

Pat Griffin ldyannedubosc at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 5 15:35:04 PST 2007

Sounds like you have the picture.  I am amazed that you have lived any
amount of time at all in Georgia without seeing fields of cane growing
beside the road

Lady Anne du Bosc

Known as Mordonna The Cook

Mka Pat Griffin

Vert between four caldrons or a cross checky sable and argent

I think I am getting a picture here of segmented grass not unlike bamboo.
Inside these segments are little chambers in which you find sugar 'juice'
like sap  . . or is it different than that.  Then, when the chambers are
broken and the grass itself squeezed, the juice is all wrung out of the
grass.

If I am in the neighborhood, then I understand a bit more about the cane
walls being protectant for the inner 'stuff'.  It would be as protectant as
the rinds on friut, only more rigid and durable chlorphyl structure et al.
making up the structure.  Am I near close to the picture?  Guess it's time
for the idiot's guide on Wikipedia.

niccolo difrancesco