[Sca-cooks] sugar cane

Carol Smith eskesmith at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 5 19:22:30 PST 2007

something else you're not mentioning: sucrose (sugar as we ybderstand it)
and fructose (corn sugar) are different chemicals.  Sucrose is a 12-carbon
sugar; fructose, a 6-carbon sugar.  They have different sweetness levels,
and, apparenty, different physiological digestivve properties.  Someone else
with access to more current (and more accessible) textbooks than mine may be
abve to provide further information.

Regards,
Brekke