[Sca-cooks] Oh, My Aching Comfits!

Heleen Greenwald heleen at ptd.net
Wed Jan 10 17:53:47 PST 2007

My Lady,
When I was reading about your work with making confits, I was
wondering about gum arabic so I looked it up. OK, so now I am
convinced that you can eat the stuff.....but I have a bottle of gum
arabic that I use in calligraphy.... and I would never eat THAT
stuff... Is it the same thing??
Phillipa

gum arabic

NOUN:
A gum exuded by various African trees of the genus Acacia, especially
A. senegal, used in the preparation of pills and emulsions and the
manufacture of mucilage and candies and in general as a thickener and
colloidal stabilizer. Also called acacia .