[Sca-cooks] Oh, My Aching Comfits!

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 10 19:12:52 PST 2007

Elise Fleming wrote:

>The gum Arabic that I use is food grade and in a powder, not the liquid stuff that is prepared for calligraphers.  I don't know what kind of solution the calligraphy Arabic is in but the powdered kind is available from "Sweet Celebrations" and other cake decorating supply stores.
>
>Alys Katharine

I don't use gum Arabic much.  When I need some, I buy it from the Indian
grocery store.  It's sold -- under the name of "Edible Gum" -- in
crystal form.  I usually crush it in a mortar to the size of pretzal
salt before dissolving it in water of rosewater.

--

Brighid ni Chiarain
Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
Robin Carroll-Mann *** rcmann4 at earthlink.net