[Sca-cooks] Cold weather foods

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 09:58:26 PST 2007

We weren't stuck inside...in fact, the temps in Charlotte, NC where we had
Twelfth Night, was in the 70's.  I'm not bragging...it was actually too warm
for this time of the year, and it's been like this since before Christmas!

What I did do was to make Digby's Savory Toasted and Melted Cheese...almost
in the period manner.  I used the wonderful chafing dish I got from Master
Hroar, and a period bowl made by an Atlantian potter, Lord Eadric (who'll be
Master Eadric, OL for pottery after this next weekend!!).  It worked
beautifully!!  The main comment was, "that's so impressive...wish I had
thought of it first!!"  It was a test run for this next weekend when I'll be
doing the same thing for Eadric's vigil.

Kiri