[Sca-cooks] A Little OOP Cookery

Elise Fleming alysk at ix.netcom.com
Tue Jan 16 12:34:05 PST 2007

Greetings!  One of the women who has traveled to England with some of us for courses with Ivan Day and the Leeds Food History Symposium sent this message.  Her name is Susan McLellan Plaisted and she is the director of foodways at Pennsbury Manor near Philadelphia.  Susan does open-hearth cookery and some of Pennsbury's timeline overlaps the SCA's.  Some of the items on her DVD were used during "our" time period. She wrote:

"I have exciting news ad I have just released my first DVD in a series titled "Hearthside with Susan McLellan Plaisted -A December Bill of Fare at Pottsgrove Manor".  It has taken me quite some time to produce it but I thought you might be interested in knowing.  The DVD show aspects of  the preparation and service to 18th century reenactos of a three course dinner.  There is more information about the DVD on my website."

You can find her at:
Susan McLellan Plaisted MS RD CSP LDN
Proprietress
Heart to Hearth Cookery