[Sca-cooks] Cold weather foods

Georgia Foster jo_foster81 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 17 07:40:08 PST 2007

Otherhill has been more or less below zero all week.  We got snow ... not
ice, but the ambient has been hovering zero during the day and as chill a
-19 at night, without  factoring windchill.  If you include the wind, it
FEELS like -35 or -40.

Cooking has included Pork Roast.  The Pork Roast leavings became Green
Chili.  The leavings of the Green Chilli were poured over omelet of ham and
cheese.

Tonight's menu is a test-drive of the Antelope roast that I will be serving
at Candlemas.  Marinade is doing it-s thing right now even.  Marsala wine,
shaved ginger, orange peel, and veggie bullion, and a dash or three of
liquid smoke, heated until they mix well, and poured over the meat in the
crockpot crock.  When I shift off, I will drop the crock into the pot, turn
it on high and roast the result.  Serving alongside, green peas, onions and
boiled baby red potatoes in herb-butter sauce.  Note to the savvy, the green
peas and onions will be served without the baby red potatoes at Candlemas.

Cheers
Malkin
Otherhill

Jo (Georgia L.) Foster
jo_foster81 at hotmail.com

Never knock on death's door........ Ring the doorbell and run. He hates
that.