[Sca-cooks] OT (humor) [WAS RE: A Little OOP Cookery]

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Wed Jan 17 21:55:09 PST 2007

My computers at home are just the desktop, and the laptop.  Current work
computers aren't much more imaginative (not my choice on those).  Home
computers just have a single hard drive each, although the new laptop is one
of those dual-core processor ones, and has something like a 160 gig hard
drive, so I don't think I'm going to run out of room anytime soon.
For a while at work, some creative soul in management was naming all of our
data services computers using the names of really obscure, really small
towns in our state (Montana).  You definitely lost Cool Points if you didn't
know how to pronounce yours.  Mine was "Moiese."  ;o)
[pronounced "mow-eese"]
--Maire, who named her spinning wheel (Belle), and her 5 drop spindles
(Marmie, Meg, Jo, Beth, and Amy), so that probably counts for
something...Oh, and the loom is Beaton, after my grandfather (who was a
weaver).  The sewing machine has a name, too, but it's not printable on a
family-friendly list <weg>