[Sca-cooks] Parliament Cakes

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Wed Jan 24 09:30:55 PST 2007

If Devra can send me the original query, I'll run it and see what I can
find.
I came across that N&Q reference earlier, but haven't gone into it
further yet.
Mason and Brown list them in Traditional Foods of Britain. Also here
where they are again
associated with Scotland.
*parlies*  Scottish; ginger cakes, believed to be so named because they
were eaten by members of the Scottish parliament.
"parlies"  /A Dictionary of Food and Nutrition/. David A. Bender. Oxford
University Press, 2005.

Johnnae