[Sca-cooks] The Templars

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Wed Jan 24 14:02:38 PST 2007

At 01:45 PM 1/24/2007, you wrote:
>Hi every one
>Hi every one!  I have a bit of an odd question to ask.  Before I ask
>my question I would like to give you all the premises of my
>question.  I am doing research on The Nights Templar for a history
>book that I will eventually have published.  So with me not knowing
>what to really ask my self questions wise to help guide my own
>research leads me in to my question that have for all of you.  My
>question is, what question do all of have that I can use to guide my
>self in the research on The Nights Templar which will be used to
>wright my history book that will be published?

Joshua,

First off I would like to point out that the Templars were _Knights_
Templar. Not particularly nocturnal beings.

Next, I have to tell you that the subject has been thoroughly
research by many scholars, including those with decades of work in
medieval history. Perhaps your question would best be asked of
yourself: what is it about the subject that intrigues you, and what
do you think that you could add to the corpus of scholarship?

And lastly, research and writing of this nature is a lifetime's
undertaking. I have a degree in Medieval Studies, and I know that I
would not want to set to that sort of task without many more years of
study. I think that you should probably finish high school first, and
get a couple of years' general studies at university before you take
on such a momentous task.

'Lainie