[Sca-cooks] Haggis, Updated: Less Offal, Tastes Great

Adele de Maisieres ladyadele at paradise.net.nz
Thu Jan 25 15:07:27 PST 2007

Phil Troy / G.Tacitus Adamantius wrote:

>Oh, no, the British (with certain notable exceptions) have been
>ragging on the haggis for 300 years!

Those steak-and-kidney pudding eaters should really pull their heads in.

>>I concur-- your description is better than mine.  I like a more
>>granular, pilaf-y texture myself, but that's purely a matter of taste.
>>

>Yep. It's just _so_ rich, though, you can't afford to let it get to
>that modelling-clay consistency. You'd eat two bites and fall over.
>And not in a good way ;-).

Oh, I absolutely agree-- it should certainly not be gooey, compact, or
heavy.  That _is_ disgusting.  No, once cut, it should have a nice open
texture... with plenty of pepper... and teeny bits of onion... and not
too much liver... and maybe just a pinch of mace... mmm...

--
Adele de Maisieres

Habeo metrum - musicamque,
hominem meam. Expectat alium quid?