[Sca-cooks] spit jack

Nick Sasso grizly at mindspring.com
Mon Jan 29 15:50:10 PST 2007

-----Original Message-----
< < < You're probably thinking of an illustration from Scappi's Opera
(1570),
which shows a couple of mechanized spit, apparently turned by the heat
rising from the cauldron.  A URL for he illustration is below.  There may be
other information in the Florilegium.

http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/food-art/cook_kitchen.gif

Most other illustrations show spits being turned by hand.

Bear > > > >

It's either that or something similar.  I thin Renfroe had a link from
somewhere or I got an email from her with some links.  She actually has
nothing now to do with the picture/sketch.

niccolo difrancesco