[Sca-cooks] Dill pickles

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 30 07:56:06 PST 2007

My favorite book on the subject is WILD FERMENTATION by Sandor Ellix
Katz.  He gives a lot of general guidelines and proportions but
encourages the cook to experiment.

Mint and cucumbers, that's a classic combination isn't it?  As in Raita,
only fermented on its own, not mixed with yogurt.  Hmmm, maybe a pickle
with mint and garlic would be interesting.  Next time.

Selene