[Sca-cooks] estrella grey water and shower trucks

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Wed Jan 31 14:19:53 PST 2007

At 02:11 PM 1/31/2007, you wrote:
>So based on this, I presume that personal camp showers are prohibited unless
>you collect the grey water and dispose of it in the barrels?
>
>We haven't heard anything about this up in AnTir (where wet ground is NOT a
>problem ;)), so I guess I'[ll try and spread the word a bit....

Actually, up here is it's a wet ground problem, it's an environmental
problem. A lot of our sites are now in fragile or endangered areas,
and pouring off greywater causes other problems, especially with the
groundwater. I know it's the case for the new Egil's site, and
several events I've been to in the last couple of years have had
greywater restrictions. Or maybe it's an Oregon thing?

'Lainie