[Sca-cooks] Cooking Help Please!!!!!!!!!!!!

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Wed Jan 3 05:33:47 PST 2007

Joshua,

You have been asked the following questions:

Perhaps you could tell us a little more about this project?

Firstly, do you want period recipes or modern ones?
Secondly, what do you mean, personal cook book...are you planning to publish
it?

And i'm sure we'd be happy to help on this list, too. However, it would help
if you could be more specific.
-- What is your purpose in asking for this information?
-- What culture are you interested in - England? France? Germany? Italy?
other?
-- What time period - 14th C.? 15th C.? 16th C.? other?

You have failed to respond to them, so your statement, "If you need more
information ask it in a form of a question please.", is suspect.  Your lack
of response raises questions about your character and suspicions about your
motives.  You have been given pointers about where to look for information,
but your apparent failure to use them further reduces your credibility on
this list.  So let me ask you some questions to which I would appreciate the
answers.

Who are you?  Introductions are always polite and in order.  For my part,
I'm a retired computer programmer who goes by the nickname "Bear."  I have
over forty years cooking experience and I've been involved with culinary
history and historical cooking for about twenty.

What are your goals in this field?  What is the scope of your interests?

What do you know about cooking in general?  From your comments, I am
assuming you have no knowledge of historical cooking.

If you will do the people on this list the courtesy of answering my
questions and answering the questions which have be asked previously and are
listed at the opening of this message, it will give us a clearer
understanding of you and the direction you want to go.  Then we can help
you.  If you persist in posting pointless responses, I suspect you will be
ignored.  The decision is yours.

Bear