[Sca-cooks] scorched

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Sat Jan 6 09:25:15 PST 2007

On Jan 6, 2007, at 12:17 PM, Devra at aol.com wrote:

> Another way to remove that stuff is to boil some (couple teaspoons?
> tablespoon?) of cream of tartar and water in the pot. After a
> while,  replace it with
> more water and cream of tartar. Dunno why, but it does help  remove
> the icky
> stuff.
>     Devra

It _is_ a mild acid, more or less. Devra, do you remember ever
dealing with something called "sour salt", for various cleaning jobs?
I believe I've only seen it in households trying to observe some
level of Kashrut, but it seems to me it might come in handy for this
sort of job.

Adamantius

eat cake!"
"Confessions", 1782