[Sca-cooks] Helloooo???

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 14:53:09 PST 2007

Nope, you're right.  I'm working at home editing a course book written by
one of our contractors...he's never written a course book before, and
English definitely isn't his first language!!  Sigh.  So, just to get a
break, I've been checking this list...and up until now, no messages!

I'm also in the midst of getting ready for Atlantia's Twelfth Night, which
is this coming weekend.  We're making a new Laurel, a cooking Laurel (no,
can't tell you who yet...orders from our Crown...they've not even told the
Atlantian Laurels!!).  I am in on it because I'm painting an apron for him,
with his arms inside a Laurel wreath.  We're doing this instead of a
cloak...somehow seems more appropriate than a cloak!  I kind of started this
(created a monster, I did!!) a couple of years back when I did it for a good
friend who was getting his Laurel in cooking.  Since then, the Order seems
to have this silly idea that it should be done for all cooking
Laurels...sigh.

I'm also supplying some of the food for a Pelican vigil.  The lady has a
Middle Eastern persona, so I'm trying out a couple of dishes that I'm
thinking of doing for my feast in February.  As I think I mentioned earlier,
I'm going to try out the recipe for Virgins' Breasts...I finally found some
semolina flour.  I'm also going to try an herbed yoghurt dip.  Both recipes
sound delightful!

So what's everyone else doing??

Kiri