[Sca-cooks] Yule Celebrations

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Tue Jan 23 07:11:38 PST 2007

On Jan 23, 2007, at 8:46 AM, Nick Sasso wrote:

> [...]

What's a little scary is the fact that I understood this implicitly.
"He's looking for the ultimate recipe, but will settle for the
penultimate if he has to..." And yes, penultimate is generally used
to mean "next to last", but then at various times "ultimate" has been
used to mean "last", so I guess it's a case of A is to B as A(1) is
to B(1).

Adamantius

eat cake!"
"Confessions", 1782