[Sca-cooks] Atlantian Twelfth Night Feast

Gretchen Beck grm at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Jan 25 21:53:40 PST 2007

--On Thursday, January 25, 2007 11:38 PM -0600 Stefan li Rous
<StefanliRous at austin.rr.com> wrote:

> So, I'm wondering if views on food uniformity might also differ then
> from now. Or do we both then and now seek uniformity? Today we do
> seem to seek uniformity in manufactured foods, but do we do so in
> chef made or artesian foods? Or do we emphasis individuality in such
> foods today to separate them from manufactured foods?

I think we as a people have always sought that professional look -- look at
architecture and art, weaving and clothing.  -- the things we know people
held precious and sought after, and would labor over are, by and large,
uniform and even. Or, at least that appears to be the goal.

toodles, margaret