[Sca-cooks] Biersuppen

Nick Sasso grizly at mindspring.com
Tue Jan 30 10:13:06 PST 2007

-----Original Message-----
> Well taken.  I jumped the gun a bit again.  I really should know
> better by now when you're talking.

What, I can't talk nonsense like everybody else now and then???

<SNIP>

Hmmm. All out of homebrew. IPA, Weihenstephaner Hefeweiss (alleged to
come from the world's oldest brewery), and Guinness are all I've got
to work with today...   > > > > > > >

Let's not go TOO far.  You're certainly as likely as the rest of us to jump
after the boat has left the dock . . . missing it and being all wet.  But, I
recalled too late your penchant for getting the the practical production of
a recipe to see what it makes, then going back to work through the "more
realistic" approach.

That's not to say you're any more likely to get either one 'right' . . .
just that you will tend to make your errors in a particular order or
regimen.  Not willy nilly and askew  like I am prone to do these days so far
removed from my disciplined days of redacting and cooking for hundreds.  Ah,
the glory days of cooking with 6 people till 3 am and starting again at 8 am
to go all elbows and knees until service is done at 9pm.

niccolo difrancesco