[Sca-cooks] Biersuppen

Nick Sasso grizly at mindspring.com
Tue Jan 30 15:10:03 PST 2007

-----Original Message-----
< < < < OK ... if one were going to try making this for a friend who enjoys
beer,
but one does not necessarily enjoy beer one's self, what beer would the
experts recomend?

I am pretty much a non-drinker, and definitely not a beer drinker when I do
drink.  My companion, on the other hand, does enjoy his beer.  He drinks
American light beers mostly, though he states he enjoys Foster's when he can
get it.  > > > > > >

Think of it like adding wine to a recipe.  Different beers will add
different qualities.  I would suspect that the Fosters would hold up well.
In general, I would start with a less bitter beer . . . India Pale Ale is
right out.  Wayyyy too bitter.  but, try something with some flavor and
character; Miller Lite would be less flavorful that Newcastle Brown Ale.  If
you like drinking it, it would probably make a decent soup.  Lighter colored
beers with chicken and fish . . . . darker, heavier beers with lamb, beef
and game :o)

pacem et bonum,
niccolo difrancesco