[Sca-cooks] medieval food of Sicily

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Jan 15 17:46:40 PST 2007

Geffrei asked:
<<< Delurking to raise his hand too.....I'd be grateful for a copy of
your handout as well since this an area of cooking I'm especially
interested in learning more about.  >>>

I'm not sure if you are asking about medieval or modern cooking in
Sicily, nor am I sure whether some or all of the recipes in
Gianotta's handout are modern or period. Gianotta, if most of them
are period, I'd love to have your handout for the Florilegium. Sicily
is a region that doesn't seem to get much attention in the SCA.

In the meantime, there are these two files Geffrei which you might
find of interest.
Sicily-msg        (13K)  5/21/04    Period Sicily. Culture, history,
food.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CULTURES/Sicily-msg.html
fd-Sicily-msg     (10K)  5/29/05    Food of medieval Sicily.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-BY-REGION/fd-Sicily-msg.html

StefAN
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas