[Sca-cooks] mysterious query

Devra at aol.com Devra at aol.com
Tue Jan 23 20:14:40 PST 2007

Dear Folks, sorry. I was trying to forward a query from Ruth Berman about
the age or historicity or earliest date of the word 'parliament' as a sweet, and
 managed to loose the original message from her, as well as send you an empty
 forward. *sigh* She was talking about the word showing up in the novel
'Lorna  Doone' and also in Conan Doyle.  Something about  a kid buying  'parliament
and dumps' for his friends. (And now I've lost the printed copy too.  just
not my day.)
    Devra