[Sca-cooks] pizza (was: Another Madrigal Dinner)

Stefan li Rous stefanlirous at austin.rr.com
Sun Jan 28 20:19:13 PST 2007

<<< niccolo difrancesco . . . if they would have had pizza, they
would have
eaten it.  >>>

I assume you are referring to prior to 1600 CE.   Didn't they have
it? Well, it depends upon how narrow your definition of pizza is.
Niccolo, I suspect you've seen these, but just in case not...

pizza-msg         (20K)  9/ 2/06    Period pizza and similar items.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-BREADS/pizza-msg.html
Is-it-Pizza-art   (27K)  4/27/04    "When is a Pizza not a Pizza?"
                                        by Helewyse de Birkestad
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-BREADS/Is-it-Pizza-art.html

Stefan
--------