[Sca-cooks] sugar

CorwynWdwd at aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Sat Jul 14 17:29:23 PDT 2007

In a message dated 7/14/2007 7:51:16 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
lordhunt at gmail.com writes:

I do  think I remember finding they ate
it raw off the cane but I have never  tried that have any of you? What's
it like?

They sell sugarcane lengths in Publix (A grocery chain mostly in  Florida but
spreading in the Southeast United States) on occasion and yes,  people do
suck on and chew the sugarcane. It's somewhat sweet unless you get an  older one
that has gone somewhat to vinegar. Not as sweet as processed sugar but  sweet.

I guess you have to try it for a better explanation.

Corwyn

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will  annoy
enough people to make it worth the effort.
--Herm  Albright