[Sca-cooks] Sugar

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 16 00:25:56 PDT 2007

>   Johana asked what brown sugar we buy here in Chile? The brand is
> called Iansa. She asked is that something special from Cuba? Blank,
> blank, we have no idea from where our sugar comes from. DO YOU?

I've been buying C&H Sugar, which stands for California & Hawaii, so I have
a clue.

>   A great question now that you mention it I find brown sugar on the
> market in Chile so much richer than that in USA or Spain! Why? Spouse
> told me the answer is Chileans as everything in Chile is as sweet as he!
>   What do you think?

Awww, I bet he's right.  My Chilean friends are tops!  Seriously though, I
would not be surprised if you were getting proper brown sugar, ground into
grains at an earlier stage of refinement, instead of re-molassessed white
sugar which is what we get in the US.

Best, Selene