[Sca-cooks] Foods for hot weather....

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Jul 18 19:22:52 PDT 2007

Maire asked:
<<< At any rate, when it gets *this* freaking hot, the last thing I
find myself wanting to do is heat up the kitchen, so I got to
thinking about summer foods, which led, of course, to me thinking
about *historical* summer foods. Now, I can think of a couple of
specific-to-a-season recipes in the Anonymous Andalusian cookbook,
but I wondered if anyone's come across similar recipes in other
cultures--foods to promote cooler humors, or summer foods, etc.? >>>

Perhaps this file might give you some ideas?
hot-weth-fsts-msg  (4K)  6/21/01    Ideas and menus for hot weather
feasts.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FEASTS/hot-weth-fsts-msg.html

<<< I'd like to have a small collection of them for my own use, and I
think they'd make a neat article for my local newsletter....>>>

If you do write such an article, you might want to consider sending
me a copy for considering adding to the Florilegium. If needed, I can
hold off publishing it for a while after it is published in your
local newsletter.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas