[Sca-Cooks] period food preservation-- tell me about your experiments

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Thu Jul 26 05:21:37 PDT 2007

We've done smoking and also done corning of meats. There's been some
canning, some fruits preserved
in alcohol, drying of fresh pastas and noodles, etc. Lacking space most
of the time we ate these
up well before much time passed. I still think that Grace Firth's
Stillroom Cookery is the book on this topic.

Johnnae