[Sca-Cooks] Wikipedia article on Medieval Cuisine

Volker Bach carlton_bach at yahoo.de
Mon Jul 30 23:52:26 PDT 2007

>"various European cultures during the Middle Ages, a
>period roughly dating from the 5th to the 16th
>century."
>Where was it still the "Middle Ages" in the 1500s?

Where was it the Middle Ages already in the fifth?

The problem is, we don't have a lab test for proving
traces of medievality, so we all rely on our own
definitions. Depending on how you define these things,
it is perfectly defensible to say the Middle Ages in
parts of Europe (and that means pockets throughout
europe) lasted into the Napoleonic times. Extreme
positions say 1918. I strongly advise everyone not to
get hung up on questions of defining the Middle Ages,
it tends to lead nowhere.

Giano

      __________________________________  Wissenswertes für Bastler und Hobby Handwerker. BE A BETTER HEIMWERKER! www.yahoo.de/clever