[Sca-cooks] Beverage Thanks

Michelle LR melbrigda at gmail.com
Sun Jul 1 07:45:06 PDT 2007

Thank you for all the suggestions for beverages!  I do not want to exclude
the children.  I haven't noticed that parents "pawn" their children off to
beverage service in order to have a more peaceful meal.  And besides, even
if they are, I wouldn't be bothered so long as the children are well
behaved, courteous and preforming a service.  I would much rather have a
helpful child working a feast than a bored child being a nuisance at feast.
Waits between courses can be long for children sometimes (seen it with my
own) and children can get fidgety and not want to listen to music or watch
entertainers so much when they can only think about "getting through this."
KWIM?

I like the idea of the children refilling vessels on the table and will look
around and see what I can come up with that is better than plastic
pitchers.  I'm working with a group that is basically starting over from
scratch.  They have nothing, so I'm building a "Feast Master Kit" quite
inexpensively (thanks to a wonderful find of white ceramic serving platters
at the Dollar Tree recently and sauvy thrift store shopping).  As a parent I
think it important to find a way for children to be involved in what is
going on.  That includes feast and court.  I have never gotten the idea of
having a seperate children's feast or even a seperate children's menu.
Perhaps I am blessed with kids who are more adventerous in their eating than
others, though.

--
Mel.
The Honorable Lady Melbrigða Leifsdottir