[Sca-cooks] Noodled up

Suey lordhunt at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 17:13:01 PDT 2007

Lilinah wrote:

> You are getting a good set of descriptions of *MODERN* kataif from
> various messages. Today it is rather like shredded phyllo.
>
> But what it is today and what it was 500 or more years ago are very different.
>
> Which book are you referring to? Charles Perry has translated quite a
> few Arabic language cookbooks and has written many essays on aspects
> of historical Arabic and Arabic influenced cuisines.

I am talking about his 13th Century Hispano Arab MSS translation when he
talks about Qataif:

http://www.daviddfriedman.com/Medieval/Cookbooks/Andalusian/andalusian_contents.htm
You have my point lovey cause I don't want today's definition. 500 years
ago it was related to a noodle in my book. What I search for here is our
family connection with our Senorio Pasta?
Suey