[Sca-Cooks] Passwords-All Lists

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Tue Jul 24 16:03:48 PDT 2007

I've had problems recently.  Margaret has had problems recently (resolved by
re-subscribing to the list).  After eliminating a number of possibiliities,
I think it may be an issue with the way Mailman operates.  Mailman has exits
for connecting to various archiving programs, so the security of the
archives may also be internal to Mailman.  I was planning to look over the
documentation and the current patches and features, but I haven't had the
time.  Having some 25+ years of experience with maintaining and
administering operating systems, I'm having a Chertoff gut check that we may
be "benefitting" for recent "improvements" to the software.  I may be
completely wrong, but it should be fun to go gremlin hunting.  Besides, it's
practice on troubleshooting an unfamiliar OS.

Bear