[Sca-cooks] [Sca-Cooks] Pasties article in the new T.I.

Alex Clark alexbclark at pennswoods.net
Tue Jul 31 23:05:46 PDT 2007

Serena da Riva (Barbara Benson) wrote:
>On 7/30/07, otsisto <otsisto at socket.net> wrote:
> > Perhaps another suggestion would be to go through the old TIs and update an
> > old article, especially if new things have been found that refutes or
> > changes something in the article.
>
>Do others out there think this is a good idea? I have a subject that I
>have been working on, and  have avoided submitting anything to TI
>because what I have dug up is contradictory to a previously published
>article.
>
>I in no way want to upset or offend the previous writer,

Many things that are good for a person, such as finding out that they were
mistaken about something, can potentially be upsetting. Please try not to
worry about it. As for offending, it would not be your fault if someone
took offense over that. The person who was offended would be to blame for
taking offense where no real offense was given.

>  I am sure
>that they did the best with the sources they had when they wrote their
>article (1986). But still, I am not here to dubunk or dismiss someone
>else's effort. It just so happens an area I found interesting was
>already covered by TI.

I am sorry, but you are being self-effacing to a fault. You are not
unworthy to say what you know just because someone else has said something
to the contrary in the past. You have as much right as the next person--and
as much right as the previous person--to write and submit your article.

If what this is about is mainly concern for the previous writer's feelings
or status, I think you should consider yourself on an equal basis. If you
have to suppress your own knowledge in order to keep from showing another
person up, then you are giving far more importance to the other person than
to yourself. BTW, AFAIK you may be showing more consideration for the
feelings of someone whose feelings you know nothing about than for your own
feelings, which you presumably do know.

--
Henry of Maldon/Alex Clark