[Sca-cooks] Blancmange

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Wed Jul 4 10:22:33 PDT 2007

On Jul 4, 2007, at 1:09 PM, Johnna Holloway wrote:

> It's not that hard with a reasonable
> library to trace blancmange recipes. My thought is that the
> conversation
> missed the beginning
> of the modern articles which is likely C Anne Wilson's article titled
> The French Connection: Part II.
> The relevant section appears on pp17-19 in Petits Propos Culinaires 4
> (1980).
>
> Johnnae

This article is also referenced in the glossary entry in Curye On
Inglysch...

Those following this thread might also look at C. Anne Wilson's
articles in PPC #7 and 8, "The Saracen Connection: Arab Cuisine and
the Medieval West".

Adamantius (who owns far too few issues of PPC, but has a local store
that actually sells it, as in, off a rack like a real magazine...
even back issues)