[Sca-Cooks] Quality of the new T.I.

David Friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Sun Jul 29 14:41:47 PDT 2007

Bear writes:

>I found the quality of the old TI as bad as the current TI mainly because
>the editors in both cases lack the specialized knowledge to adequately
>distinguish between superior quality and trash.

I have horror stories about past T.I.'s and C.A.'s, which I will
spare you for the moment, so no strong opinion as to whether it is
getting worse.

But I think it's worth noting that the "specialized knowledge" needed
to avoid things like the pasties article isn't about the actual
subject matter. Anyone competent at doing SCA research should have
spotted that article for what it was, whether or not he knew anything
about period cooking. It isn't as if the author didn't make what she
was doing entirely clear. Hence the appearance of that article
suggests either that whoever made the decision is incompetent for the
job or doesn't care.
--
David Friedman
www.daviddfriedman.com