[Sca-cooks] Update on Pickles projects

Alexandria Doyle garbaholic at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 09:43:24 PDT 2007

I just thought I'd send out an update on my granddaughter's project to
make pickles.

We attempted to grow our own herbs and cucumbers for the project.  The
cucumbers, because of bugs and who knows what else, never came to
fruit, while the dill did just fine.  We ended up purchasing
cucumbers, cubing them and pickling with the dill.
Now our greatest challenge is to keep her from taste testing all the
pickles in the pot before the event next weekend.

We also did some strawberry conserves, and because a co-worker had
gifted us with some homegrown blueberries, we did those as well.  Both
conserves turned out well.  This weekend we'll be making some fine
cakes and wafers so the conserves can be taste tested at the event.
She's really enjoyed working in the kitchen and looking forward to
other projects.

alex

--
I can handle anything that life throws at me.
I may not be able to handle it well, or correctly, or gracefully, or