[Sca-Cooks] Personal Shopper and List maker

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Thu Jul 26 14:11:59 PDT 2007

Ok here's the newest gadget from Sur la Table--
for the person that has nearly everything.
SmartShopper™ Grocery List Organizer
Alphabetizes and groups items by where they’re found in the store. 7½" x
4" x 1¼".

    * Recognizes nearly 2,500 grocery items, or add your own to the
      database.
    * Coupon flag feature.
    * Add simple errands like bank or dry cleaning.
    * Built-in printer requires no ink cartridges.
    * Uses four standard AA batteries.

http://www.surlatable.com/product/552836.do

http://www.smartshopperusa.com/
It doesn't use barcodes which I would think would make restocking easier.
You could swipe when a box was empty and take it along then to the store.
I wonder if it can be taught to recognize weird foods or spices.

Johnnae