[Sca-cooks] OOP: Lavender Ice Cream

King's Taste Productions kingstaste at comcast.net
Sat Jun 2 07:43:35 PDT 2007

I'll see if I can round it up, it is part of the Tuscan Dinner Party class.

Basically it is a standard crème brulee recipe, but the milk is steeped with
lavender flowers before being made into the custard (strained prior to
completing the recipe).
I was appalled to see that when I first got there, they were buying the
packages of pre-cut herbs from Whole Foods, and the Lavender was greenery
fronds!  Yum, a nice medicinal smell to your dessert - blech!  I brought in
my personal baggie of lavender flowers and made it up - and lo! everyone was
amazed at how good it was!
I'll see if I have that recipe here at home, or get it off the computer at
work when I'm there this month (June is Summer Camp month!  I'm teaching 4
cooking summer camps this month, to tots, teens, and Girl Sprouts!)
Christianna