[Sca-cooks] OT - Magazine recipes - anyone want 'em?

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 5 08:43:53 PDT 2007

colleen.mcdonald at comcast.net wrote:
>> I was going through some stuff in the garage last night and discovered some
>> recipe booklets and collections from Better Homes and Gardens and Woman's Day
>> magazines dating from the 70's. They include pies, cakes, breads, and
>> casseroles, among other things. >>
>>

> Already spoken for.  Dang, that was quick!
>
> Cainder
I collect commercial collections like that.  Also, "hometown" cookbooks
like from schools, churches and communities.  If anybody here is
involved in that sort of thing, let me know and I'll buy your school's
book!  There is always at least one gem amongst the reiterations of
seven-layer dip and jello molds.

The one I was involved with the most recently was "The Official Manual
for Spice Cadets" published for the occasion of the 64th World Science
Fiction convention last summer.  You might find some familiar names
therein, besides mine.  Still available for download or paper copy:
http://www.lulu.com/content/351861

Bon Appetit,
Selene