[Sca-cooks] Romans + Mint

Suey lordhunt at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 16:36:37 PDT 2007

Terry Decker wrote:
> The earliest references to mint of which I am aware are in Mycenaean and,
> according to one source, appear to be in common use in the earliest
> writings.  This would place the knowledge of mint in Pelloponnesus between
> 1600 and 1200 BCE.  Since Mycenaean is a direct ancestor of Hellenic Greek,
> it is probably the "earlier source" suggested.
>
> Bear

As yall have made me review my homework today that's my inclination too.
Where did you find that?
Johnna Holloway gave us this web site listing medieval texts, recipes
using mint:

http://www.medievalcookery.com/cgi-bin/search.pl?term=mint&file=all
Fantastic! Thank you so much. Spared me hours of work for those that I am trying to cite. Spoiled me! Missed no Sent Sovi citations. As that is the most difficult all for me I keep trying to find a way to cheat by finding a translation into Spanish or English to correct my crude interpretations. I found on the web today that Tamesis is preparing an English version with Barcelo and a Castellan translation is underway. If and when anyone gets wind of either please send notify us all!
Suey
Suey