[Sca-cooks] Favorite Herb Books

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Mon Jun 11 20:32:52 PDT 2007

There are two books related to natural dyeing that I'd strongly recommend,
vis-a-vis using garden plants or wild finds.  The first is "A Dyer's
Garden," by Rita Buchanan, and the second is "Wild Color" by Jenny Dean.  If
you can only get one, go for "Wild Color," as it's more comprehensive
(although slightly less plant-your-own oriented).
My garden/cooking herb books I've pretty much all gotten as remainders at a
local used/second bookstore, so I'd recommend you try the one in your
neighborhood.  Barnes and Noble does a lot of seasonal/inexpensive
hobby/gardening books, too, IIRC.
--Maire