[Sca-cooks] Foodie movies

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 15 13:59:59 PDT 2007

> Any of several versions of the story of Sweeney Todd (including a new
> one next year which promises to be G-d-awful)
> Eating Raoul

I was so not going the Anthropophagy route...
> I'm sure I'll think of several more after I hit "send"...
>
> There are the 27 million or so "Our Gang" shorts which deal with food
> in some way (fantasizing about food being a fairly common theme in
> early Depression-era cinema), but I think my fave is the one with the
> cake that says "Wheeeeeepp... Wheowwwwmp!!"
>
> Adamantius

Oh well, if we are talking significant food scenes in otherwise
non-foodie shows...

Pie fight in THE GREAT RACE
Three Stooges shorts, in which the boys find work as fry cooks or waiters
Star Trek Voyager, which has a character who appoints himself the ship's
chef and hilarity frequently ensues.  Such as the deathless line:  "Take
this cheese to sickbay!"  ["Learning Curve," wherein Neelix' homemade
cheese with some iffy microbial content that winds up threatening the
ship.  My cheese has never done that at least!]
Soupy Sales and every other comic who ever got a pie in the face.
Mmmm.  Pie.

Heading off for KWHSS now, back Sunday,
Selene