[Sca-cooks] Pennsic

Elise Fleming alysk at ix.netcom.com
Sat Jun 16 05:11:28 PDT 2007

Urtatim wrote:

>For example, i'm still trying to figure out if i need my feather bed
>and my down quilt. If i'll be too hot and they'll get wrecked in the
>rain, i'd rather leave them home. On the other hand, i am cold when
>the temperature is below 75 F. On the third hand, i am discovering
>that in my old age i'm not handling heat as well... or maybe i'm just
>having some trouble when it gets over 85

The nighttime temps vary from year to year.  Sometimes it remains so hot
and muggy that one sleeps on top of the covers.  However, the campground is
near the foothills of the Adirondacks and there have been several times in
the past years where it dips into the 40s or a little lower at night.
Frankly, I always pack a pair of mittens and a winter ski cap in case it
gets that cold.  Having a cap of some sort on one's head during those
nights is a blessing (and very medieval!).  Mittens are less likely to be
needed.  And, as folk say, it's not the heat - it's the humidity.  That's
what's been hampering me in the past 8 years or so.  The humidity is
usually pretty high when it's hot.

You may want to put aside a small amount of money so that you can go to a
local store (I deleted Wal-Mart's name!) to purchase anything you might
need.  No reason to pack up the whole house.

Alys Katharine

Elise Fleming
alysk at ix.netcom.com
http://home.netcom.com/~alysk/