[Sca-cooks] OOP Convection vs True Bake question

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Jun 28 23:01:28 PDT 2007

Yes, please reply on-list. I saved a few messages from this list back
in April 2006 with the idea of eventually creating a Florilegium file
around these and the pros and cons of using them to prepare SCA
feasts. Unfortunately, none of the few messages that I have, say
anything about different types of convection ovens although Bear
posted an interesting message about convection ovens that said

"You can find convection ovens with electric, natural gas, and propane
heat sources.  All of them use electricity to run the blower motors.

While I was looking for a convection oven to install in the house, I
came
across a commercial convection oven designed for the catering trade
with a
rolling rack that had a propane tank attached.   I thought it would
make a
nice addition to a field kitchen, since you could power the blower
with a
small generator if you lacked site power."

Stefan

"True Bake"? Makes me think of those "Easy Bake" "ovens". :-)

<<< Do please reply on-list; I'm in the same boat!

Sandra

--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com