[Sca-cooks] Thoughts about a neat feast

gordonse at one.net gordonse at one.net
Fri Jun 1 10:59:39 PDT 2007

I think this would be a lot of fun.  In addition to musicians and
entertainment, it would be good to have several rounds of dancing and
dancing instruction between each course. Might also make for a fun 12th
night and include a gift giving time and a court to give food from the
previous course time to digest and the cooks a chance to finish the next
set of dishes.

Logistically a large kitchen and a team of cooks for each course would be
helpful and allow each team of cooks to enjoy some of the feast.  From a
food sanitation point, it would be important for the feast eaters to have
a clean set of dishes for each course or a chance to wash dishes as they
should be used for less than 2 hours at a time.

Rotating scullery crews would help keep the kitchen in good shape and make
for quick clean up at the end.

If it were a 2 day event, the travellers bag might be oriented to making a
nice breakfast for sunday morning.  For a really small feast, the
travelers bag might be packed into period baskets made by your resident
basket maker, with a locally woven or embroidered napkin or towel.

Sharon