[Sca-cooks] OOP: Lavender Ice Cream

rattkitten rattkitten at hughes.net
Sun Jun 3 20:00:08 PDT 2007

I trimmed below but kept what was vital...
I understand about wanting recipes... but wouldn't that be a simple
Creme Brulee and add Lavender during the cooking...
Now if ya'll want a spoon tease ... lol Creme Brulee Pie Topped with
Toasted Peeps... Yum... But seriously might have to try the Lavender...
So I am not a spoon tease...
Take all the crap that you use to make a creme brulee and put it in a
pot on low heat... Cream sugar vanilla nutmeg cinnamon etc... bring to a
bubble... add the egg... keep bubbling... until thick... when it reaches
a good stick to the spoon feel pour into a pie shell...
and let set...
I know this is weird for ya'll but there is no oven in my field
kitchen... and I had to cook it and set it somehow...
As it cools it sets up to a good pudding stage... pour on the sugar...
whip out the torch... burn baby burn...
Once you have your crunch... then add peeps...
Once again burn away... when you achieve sugary goodness...
Serve it forth!!!!

BTW Not a Period Recipe But it Do make good Camp eating....
Nichola