[Sca-cooks] mint water

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Mon Jun 4 12:46:54 PDT 2007

The earliest references to mint of which I am aware are in Mycenaean and,
according to one source, appear to be in common use in the earliest
writings.  This would place the knowledge of mint in Pelloponnesus between
1600 and 1200 BCE.  Since Mycenaean is a direct ancestor of Hellenic Greek,
it is probably the "earlier source" suggested.

Bear